UNDP > UNDP News > in Belarus
Innovation Lab in Belarus - Place Where Ideas Become Innovations
Hack4SocialChange — the first event within the Innovation lab. The goal is — to bring together young people to jointly find solutions to the problems and challenges faced in Belarus.
The Hack4SocialChange is organized in the format of a Hackathon — for 48 hours participants will develop operating prototypes to solve social problems and challenges. Prototypes vary from mobile applications, websites, projects based on 3d–printing, augmented reality, to electronic devices based on Arduino or Raspberry PI or urban projects — architectural, etc.
The focus will be on three categories:
1. Healthy lifestyle: Create innovative ways to increase public awareness for HIV and Tuberculosis.
2. Environmental protection: Create an innovative way to promote 'green' lifestyle in Belarus. For instance encouraging consumers to buy products in recycled packing or include environmental principles into businesses practices.
3. Disabled friendly employment: Create an innovative way to encourage the corporate sector to include and meet the needs of employees and/or customers with disabilities
During the Hack4SocialChange on the 20–21st of Seotember young people will work on various prototypes in the categories of environment, health and disability friendly employment. Different experts will be invited and at the end of the Hackathon three winners will be selected that will have the chance to develop their prototype further in collaboration with UNDP. Food, drinks + a survival kit to get you through the 48–hour event will be provided. Also inspirational entertainment and lots of Red Bulls will not be forgotten! In addition participants will get the chance to discover the newest technologies and Inspirational presentations.
Do you want to be a part of the Hack4SocialChange? We are looking for talented:
— Digital marketing experts
And all who wish to create a social change
Call4Ideas: Before 3rd of August (time: 23.59) submit your idea for one of the three categories to
How is Hack4SocialChange UNDP Organized:
1. Call4Ideas — gathering of ideas occurs 28.05 — 03.08.2014
2. Jury of Experts selects best 15 ideas.
3. Pre–meet up between participants and UNDP experts and mentors between 01.09.2014 — 07.09.2014
4. Hack4SocialChange — 20–21 of September ideas are implemented within a 48 hours Hackathon
5. Best 3 prototypes (corresponding to each of the categories) will in collaboration with UNDP work on the development of the prototype and receive support of up to 1500$ to realize that.
Send your idea not later than 03.08.2014 to
|United Nations Office in Belarus |
17 Kirov Str., Minsk 220050 Tel. +375 (17) 327 48 76
Fax +375 (17) 226 03 40; e-mail