Project Objective & Brief Description:
In the long term, the project will help strengthen the national and inter-regional capacity to respond to new challenges and threats related to trafficking in human beings.
The project goals are two-fold:
1. Strengthening national capacities of the Republic of Belarus in combating new challenges and threats related to human trafficking.
2. Strengthening compliance with human rights in prevention and disruption of trafficking in persons, and supporting cross-border and regional cooperation in combating human trafficking.
The objectives of the project are as follows.
1. Broadening capacities in training of specialists in the sphere of combating trafficking in human beings and attendant offences having particular relevance in the context of human rights.
2. Professional development of law enforcement authorities of the Republic of Belarus and other CIS-members states, accomplishing detection, disclosure and investigation of crimes related to trafficking.
3. Improving efficiency of cooperation of law enforcement agencies of the Republic of Belarus and neighbouring countries in the sphere of combating international trafficking.
4. Raising awareness of target groups on human trafficking and human rights in this context.
5. Extension of cooperation between the members of the Group of Friends United against Human Trafficking and international organizations for the purpose of coordinating international efforts on implementation of the Global plan of action against trafficking in persons.
1. Enhanced capacities for training of specialists in the sphere of combating trafficking in human beings having particular relevance in the context of human rights.
2. Enhanced international cooperation against human trafficking facilitated.
The project will address human trafficking issues affecting child and adult victims of both sexes, as both men and women are being victimised. The data collected and used in the project will be reported by sex and age where feasible. The materials used in the training will be evaluated for gender sensitivity.