Project Objective & Brief Description:
The project was aimed at developing in–house
and in–country capacity to mainstream gender concerns in all UNDP practice areas
and country programmes through:
- Extending gender training to all UN/UNDP staff and partner
- Developing a CO gender mainstreaming strategy;
- Establishing a UN interagency gender theme group and
facilitating the activities of the National Gender Policy Council;
- Creating a gender mainstreaming knowledge platform and
sharing it with other experience with the regional Gender Community of practice.
Main activities of the
- Development of a CO Gender Mainstreaming Strategy.
- Undertaking a gender analysis of the UNDP Belarus programme
- Arrangement of a Training of UNDP management and programme
staff, project managers and other UN agencies (interested) in mainstreaming
gender: concepts, planning and monitoring tools and measuring progress.
- Retreat for UNDP Programme and Project Staff to discuss the
CO Gender Strategy and its implementation, with support from gender experts.
- Making presentations on gender budgeting for the members of
the National Gender Policy Council and the parliamentarians and women's NGOs.
- Establishment and strengthening a UN interagency gender theme
group with the UN Country Team.
- Facilitatation the activities of the National Gender
Policy Council by providing information on other COs best practices and
assisting in developing a next National Action Plan for Gender Equality
- Production and making accessible over the Internet briefing
papers, teaching materials and other documents on gender mainstreaming.